Monday 18 July 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 - The end of an era.





It must be said, I feel like I have officially reached the end of my childhood this evening as I watched the last instalment of the Harry Potter Saga. As an avid reader from the age of eleven - I looked forward to the book and film releases with barely concealed eager anticipation. And unfortunately for me Harry, Hermione and Ron are all grown up too. The writings of JK Rowling are enhanced visually in the cinematic portrayal of Harrys lifelong defiance and fight against Voldemort and his followers. This movie will go down in the annals of history as a tour de force in storytelling.













Harrys final journey was action packed, as he fights to defeat Voldemort in their final showdown. There is even a touch of romance as Ron and Hermione finally share more than awkward glances and finally embrace. Long overdue!













''Harry Potter, the boy who lived... come to die. Avada Kedavra!''

                                           - Lord Voldemort











The film was directed by David Yates who's innovative vision suited the climax of the series perfectly. From robbing a bank, fighting dragons and elves to facing up to a terrifying realisation - This was an hour and a half of edge-of-your-seat entertainment and a stellar cast to boot.






I would advise all to go and see it! As Lord Voldemort exclaims to Harry : ''Join me, and confront your fate. ''












No comments:

Post a Comment