Thursday 21 June 2012

Clothes encounter @ The Masquerade Ball




I know Trinity College and UCD have these super cool festival type celebrations where you can wear wellies and relive the festival joys past of Oxegen or Electric Picnic - and that is brilliant - but I'm a sucker for tradition. The black tie events, ball gowns, dinner, drinks and dancing - the whole shebang. And in my time at Griffith College the formal events were really cool and imaginative. Last year there was a 'Charlie and the chocolate factory' theme with oompah loompas, candy floss and surprises throughout the night but this year was even better... Masquerade met gothic splendor...


Me dancing @ The Masquerade Ball - a magical night


I've just finished my time in Griffith College in Dublin and one of my fondest memories was the Masquerade Ball in the Burlington. There was candlelight, classical music, a champagne reception and a night of partying, DMC's (deep meaningful conversations) mostly with my date Darren bless him, and a ridiculous amount of dancing with a live band, then DJ. My class all said it felt like a Debs and a Wedding rolled in to one because we were all in such a celebratory mood. The boys were all looking very well in tuxedos and suits and the girls wore either funky exuberant cocktail dresses or long sleek numbers.




Days before the ball I hadn't found a dress... to my delight I found one in Coco Boutique on Clarendon Street!

I luckily found a metallic ball gown with beading halter neck detail and a train in Coco boutique, Dublin. It felt like a match made in heaven. It was exactly the kind of statement dress I wanted and I felt like a princess. I think a lot of girls feel like that when they wear a ball gown. You walk different, you hold your head higher without even meaning to - Because you feel like a lady!





Make sure to check out Coco Boutique - they are really helpful and kind, they even refer you to the best alterations place they know, get you an appointment and therefore you avail of a discount! A win win situation. Their accessories, heels and handbags are smothered in Swarovski crystals, they are very pretty. While I was shopping in there and trying on my dress models Rozanna Purcell and Hazel O' Sullivan were checking out the vibrant body con dresses and sequined shift dresses in store. This store is a haven for those who love a bit of sparkle in their wardrobe ;)





Check out Coco Boutique online: www.cocoboutique.ie



It was a night to remember! Thanks so much to the hardworking team in the SU who organized it - especially Paul! And for anyone reading this that will still be in Griffith next year, I am making it my business to crash the ball! ;)


xo L

No comments:

Post a Comment