Sunday 12 May 2013

My Diary of this week: Radio reviewing, movie premieres, styling & writing.. and some great news!

I am so happy it is the weekend. It has been a hectic week! I am currently doing the 'In Colour' show EP reviews out in RTE radio studios for my slot weekly at 8pm on Mondays. On Tuesday morning I covered the press premiere of 'Star Trek - Into Darkness'. It was really good! It was odd being in the cinema at 10 am - the smell of popcorn was not even remotely appetising. I loved the film though - I was looking forward to the sequel and it did not disappoint. Benedict Cumberbatch plays 'John Harrison' with conviction and portrays the best self-righteous super villain I have witnessed since Javier Bardem in 'Skyfall'. On speaking to NME Cumberbatch divulged:

  "I think the fact that one man’s terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, and the fact that he is a shadow self of Kirk - same coin, different sides - is what makes him interesting to play, for me."

You can watch my favourite snippet from 'Into Darkness' named 'I allow it' where hero Captain Kirk & John Harrison have a brief face- off:



On Tuesday evening I was invited by the Irish Film & TV Academy to a screening of 'Milo' in the Lighthouse cinema. Later on Tuesday & early on Wednesday I was catching up on writing magazine articles for 'MRU Magazine' as part of my joint radio & magazine segment. MRU Magazine venture to bring you the best news and reviews of what the scene has to offer and the crème de la crème makes the slot. Their May issue came out this week. Two of my music reviews are in it. You can check it out by clicking here


Wednesday afternoon was spent pulling looks for a press photoshoot. I styled Irish model Lisa Nolan in this season's lingerie and swimwear from 'Ann Summers'. It was a sweltering day as I stood by the Spire on O' Connell street.


Thursday morning at 10am the shoot commenced in the penthouse in Krystle Nightclub. The photographer was Richie Buttle ! Hair & make up artistry for the shoot was by Julie Caulfield. As well as being a renowned coveted make-up artist on the scene, Julie designs the most ornate Vegas showgirl costumes and customized pieces for purchase or hire.  She has kindly offered to supply something glitzy for an upcoming 'Lipstick Gossip' giveaway which will mark my 100,000 readers. If you have magpie tendencies like me & love anything that shines make it your business to check out Love Jewels!

Love jewels sample intricate costume
The penthouse in Krystle is very vintage and an ode to the 60's. It was bizarre to be there so early in the morning! But there was a luxuriant 'Mad Men' feel to the location. The swimwear and lingerie I chose exuded a summer fresh vibe but also had a plush sexy look.

Krystle penthouse

Everything looks so different in the light of day. I will be posting a behind-the-scenes feature once it all goes to press. It was brilliant to work with Julie Caulfield & Richie Buttle. They are amazing at what they do.


It was my second time working with Lisa Nolan in the past few weeks. I styled her for a photoshoot for 'The Sun' newspaper shot by Evan Doherty Photography which came out today. Lisa exudes confidence in not one - but two sets of lingerie from Susan Hunter lingerie in The Westbury Mall.
I was excited that both looks were featured in 'The Sun'. The sports luxe look is the main shot & in the smaller shot the model is wearing a stunning 'La Perla' two piece lace set from Susan Hunter. I was inspired to go for a sultry chic selection of black designer lingerie. I loved the look of it against tanned skin and coal black hair. The press shoot publicises 'The Guy Show' filmed by Straywave Media who filmed behind the scenes of our shoot in Evan Doherty's studio for their premiere episode.


I style clients for photoshoots, portfolios and private events such as birthdays & weddings. If you would like to avail of personal shopping or styling services please contact me on mullett.laura@gmail.com.
I have a big shoot and other events coming up but I have a few vacancies - so if you have any queries please drop me an e-mail.

After I styled the photoshoot in Krystle I found out last minute I had been gifted with Audi club passes and tickets to go see Eric Clapton in the O2. I was so excited! I felt as though I was in a time warp as Clapton played for 2 hours and 30 minutes to an enthralled crowd. His songs are a beautiful blend of rock and soul. I really feel like one thing you must have on your bucket list is see Eric Clapton live - it was really mesmerising.


I sampled some 'Stella Artois' cidre in the Audi club afterwards. On reflection I kind of dressed like a cowgirl. I wore a fringed blouse I bought in Nashville last Christmas teamed with brown leather cowboy boots and a pink lace dress with a peachy leather jacket and my oversized gold studded Steve Madden bag. You can check out an array of all my personal style looks on my lookbook here !


On Friday I went for lunch in Bleecker Street cafe bar one of my favourite places in the city for strong coffee and healthy but tasty food. I also love it as a night spot. The bar hosts some of the best Irish bands around and has a chilled ambience. The rest of the day was spent glued to my laptop writing and catching up on my written work. That's the thing about freelancing - your day does not end at 6 O' clock. But I think that unpredictable work schedule can be really enjoyable - even though challenging.
I got some great news on Friday evening - I was asked to host a fashion show on May 23rd in my hometown Enniscorthy. It is a 'Mad Hatters tea party' themed fashion show that will raise money for Breast Cancer patients. I was really flattered that they asked me to be MC and I am looking forward to being involved in a great event for a worthy cause.


As Lipstick Gossip approaches 100,000 reads I have some amazing giveaways & competitions lined up for all my lovely readers to mark the occasion! Some beautiful clothes & beauty products & accessories are piling up! Remember to 'like' www.facebook.com/lipstickgossip to find out about all that is on offer including your daily fix of fashion, music, beauty and media & goodies for my loyal readers ♥

Well that is how my week went down - I hope you all had a brilliant week and are enjoying the last bit of your weekend!

Be bold, be brave & misbehave!

xo L




No comments:

Post a Comment