Wednesday 8 May 2013

RTE 'In Colour' & MRU Magazine segment: 'Blu Loves Milo'.

I am working as a Freelance Journalist - I am a writer for MRU Magazine and a Radio Reporter & Interviewer for RTE 2XM and I have a weekly segment that fuses the two together. MRU Magazine in association with ‘In Colour’ on RTE 2XM have teamed up to showcase homegrown talent through a weekly radio and magazine segment. I am appearing on the radio show every week to review an upcoming unsigned Irish band on air and also select a track from their EP to play on the show. I am looking for bands and solo artists that have that have an “edge” to feature on ‘In Colour’ on RTE 2xm – and the ones that make the cut will not only be featured on air on the Monday but will have a feature written by me about them in MRU Magazine the same week. MRU Magazine venture to bring you the best news and reviews of what the scene has to offer and only the very best acts makes the slot. On the bank holiday Monday I travelled to RTE & embraced 'Casual Monday' in a comfy outfit and got ready to go live!

About to go live for RTE 'In Colour' on 2XM
You can 'HYPE' my look on Lookbook.nu by clicking here !

My third review aired on the radio Monday night & I reviewed young up and coming Irish band Blu loves Milo ! I have great respect & admiration for the Galway trio for their perseverance - even though they are gaining momentum as a band by releasing two singles this year to date, had a self-titled EP out last April they are already back in studio making their forthcoming EP 'Spiritual Hostage'. The best part is that the boys are studying for their Leaving Cert! So kudos to them.


My article about 'Blu loves Milo' will be in MRU Magazine very shortly so I can't give you any spoilers - I will post the link as soon it is live. In the meantime check out the band on Facebook by clicking here & you can subscribe to 'Blu loves Milo' on youtube by clicking  here !

If you want to feature on this segment please email me on tunes2us@gmail.com or you can tweet me on @lauramullett !

xo L

No comments:

Post a Comment