Sunday 9 February 2014

Styling Anna Daly for the SWM cover shoot!

I styled TV3’s Anna Daly on Tuesday for a sexy and glamorous cover shoot for the Sunday World Magazine. There was a really great team involved. Top Fashion photographer Evan Doherty was assisted by Eoin Kelly, my styling assistant was Amanda Barlow, Amy O’ Neill from Make up 4 Ever did the MUA assisted by Chloe Gaskin. Ruth Robertson from Peter Mark was the hair stylist. Many of you know Anna Daly as the beautiful blonde presenter on Ireland AM - she was a really versatile model and oozed old Hollywood glamour.
http://instagram.com/p/jtk-gUKRUR/
The shoot was very romantic with soft make up and loose teased hair. For the first look I went for a cute River Island ice cream blouse and candy pink leather skirt combo with black Buffalo heels and leather gloves. From there on in I took a more dramatic approach. The heels I used I pulled from Buffalo on Exchequer St. They have a gorgeous collection of minimalist shoes in black, nude and earth tones. They are the kind of shoes you can rock from day to night - kind of conservative to party chic. The Sunday World Magazine 4 page spread hit the shelves today. Pick it up to get up close and personal with the Ireland AM presenter. I was so thrilled to be asked to style the young mum and did my best to bring out her playful daring side with sparkling ensembles and plunging necklines. Anna made some lovely references to my styling in her interview for the spread - it may have been out of her comfort zone. SWM journalist Darragh Keany interviewed her about her experience and she said:
"Laura, the stylist, chatted to me about what kind of clothes she was going to bring and it all sounded great. It's out of my comfort zone if I'm being perfectly honest but I'm loving the result. If she had told me I would have been wearing a pink leather skirt I would have said 'no' right away. In fact, if I was out shopping and saw the rail of clothes with all these looks I would have only picked up the full length black dress. But now having worn them all I would definitely buy most of them. I obviously play it too safe with my clothes, so maybe theres a lesson to be learned here today."
#behindthescenes
I pulled a selection of dresses from Starla Dress Rental on South William St. To say they have a fairytale collection wouldn’t even cut it. From a paradise print fitted floral midi, to a black number with a plunging neckline and thigh split they had Oscar worthy dresses that I used for the SWM shoot.
My favourite Starla Dress Rental gown that I styled Anna in is a Badgley Mischka Gold Sequinned full length number. It is long sleeved & backless. It is €170 to hire from Starla. I knotted pearls and had them draping down Anna’s back. I pulled the heels from my favourite shoe haunt 'Buffalo Dublin' on Exchequer Street. 
http://instagram.com/p/jtm7jZqRV4/
SWM
SWM
You can check out more of my styling on www.lauramullett.com  I am heading off to New York Fashion Week in the morning so you can follow my adventures through my photo diaries on my instagram and Facebook. Ridiculously excited wouldn't cover how I am feeling! I am on cloud nine. I hope you enjoyed my 'behind the scenes' post.

Be bold, be brave & misbehave! 
xo

1 comment: